If you didn’t figure it out by the album name/cover art, let me just confirm this for you: YES, this is a screamo band and NO, I’m not ashamed to post this on Tzeeeac. With that out of the way, here’s a list of reasons why you should listen to this album:
- It’s a debut album and we like to give debut albums a special chance.
- The lyrics are a stupidly interesting blend between greek mythology (no mention of any Larissa sacrifice, though) and the standard emotional stuff that goes on any record of this type.
- Vocals come off like tortured alley cats left to forever fend for themselves in the highest trees, with no apparent firemen to their rescue (and exhibit a close resemblance to the sound of bears fighting with trash cans inside an electrified cage) - i.e. classic Tzeeeac material.
- Underneath all the vocal cacophonies, there are riffs and hooks to the songs that make it interesting enough to warrant a full spin.
- It’s short, just under 50 minutes; even if you don’t like it, at least it won’t bore you to death.
- There simply wasn’t any screamo material here on Tzeeeac, at least not that I can remember.
Now let there be bashing!*
*of me, or the album, whatever your puny souls enjoy most.