March 25, 2012

Obscura - Illegimitation (2012)


So German tech death masters Obscura have recently released a compilation called Illegimitation that features a bunch of their older material and, more interestingly, three covers: Flesh and the Power It Holds by Death, Atheist's Piece of Time and one of Cynic's most well known songs, How Could I off their breakthrough record Focus. Obviously, being the flamboyant Cynic fanboy that I am, I got wildly excited at the prospect of Obscura performing How Could I.

Turns out my nipples were right to become erect, as Obscura have totally nailed the song, keeping true to the original yet adding their own personal vibe to their performance. It's a perfect cover of an already awesome song. What more can I say? Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment