March 14, 2012

Magrudergrind - Magrudergrind (2009)


I'm sure everyone's familiar with Washington D.C.'s Magrudergrind so there's not much point in beating this horse, so I'll just keep it short and sweet. Their self-titled 2009 release is a truly vicious assault of blistering hot'n'heavy guitar riffs, tight drumming that switches from groovy to full-on ultrablasting without losing any energy and some of the best and most insane high-pitched shrieks I've ever heard, making for an amazing record that blew me away when I first listened to it.

They're easily one of my favourite grindcore/powerviolence acts and it bummed the hell out of me when their upcoming show alongside gore masters Exhumed in my butt-fuck-nowhere of a country got cancelled because the show only sold two tickets.

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment