March 18, 2012

THE ACE OF SPADES, THE ACE OF SPADES


It's Sunday again and I'm already starting to feel like a piece of shit because it's beautiful outside and I'm sitting in front of my computer like a basement dweller because I have no friends. I also can't be bothered to come up with any sort of meaningful content today, so I'll just shoot the biggest fish in the barrel and post a bunch of Ace of Spades covers I enjoy. Fuck all.

First, let's enjoy good old Uncle Tom and his boys rip through this classic tune.


Bathory also did a well-known cover of Ace of Spades, turning into a longer, epic song with a viking vibe and men choirs and other sweet stuff.


This next Ace of Spades cover is by American heavy/speed metal band Abattoire, off their 1985 album Vicious Attack.


Mayhem (the American speed metal band, not the Norwegian black metal band) also did a cool cover on their 1986 Burned Alive LP.


The San Diego hardcore punk band Battalion of Saints also covered the song on their 1984 LP The Second Coming. 


Spanish grind freaks Machetazo also covered this song on their 2002 album, Trono de Huesos. Mucho br00tal!


This is my favourite Ace of Spades cover, courtesy of another great Spanish deathgrind outfit, Avulsed. There's nothing like hearing the classic lyrics being sung in sickening gurgles and pig squeals. You can check it on their 2005 effort, Gorespattered Suicide, but I'm going to leave you with a great live performance of their cover. 


And last but not least, there's Hayseed Dixie's cover.


Have I missed any other cool Ace of Spades covers?

1 comment: