March 31, 2012

Dizzee Rascal - U Can't Tell Me Nuffin



You might know him from that bafflingly popular song, Dance Wiv Me, but I preffer to think of him as this bad-ass african gentleman who got shot with bazookas and shit for stealing a bike.

 The song itself isin't that brilliant, but I find it pretty appealing. I still can't get used to the fact that England has its own local mob (my Italian heritage tends to discriminate any different form of organized crime), let alone an expanding hip hop scene.

U Can't Tell Me Nuffin is an exotic piece of English hip-hop that got my full love. I'm still trying to understand whatever the fuck he's barking about there, so I'll just make my life easier by believing that he's saying '' You can call me muffin''. No problem, Dizzie. No problem.

By the way, did it ever occur to you that France holds the second biggest hip hop scene in the world after the U.S.? No? Yeah.



EDIT: You know what, fuck it. I might as well get his debut album and write about it. BRB.

No comments:

Post a Comment