April 18, 2014

NOTHING TO BE ATTAINED: Sadhak - Sadhak (2013)



Fancy a wee bit of DOOM? 

Sadhak is the solo project of Andreas Hagen from High Priest of Saturn and this self-titled demo showcases two tracks of powerful, monumental doom metal in the vein of Warning and 40 Watt Sun. Although there are only two tracks on this demo, they're enough to know that there is much promise in this band. Slow, heavy guitar riffs, massive tone, drums crawling at a mammoth's pace, chanting clean vocals and, best of all, great atmosphere. The first track, On the Arrival of Man, is my favorite, thanks in no small part to the well-written lyrics. It's brimming with hope and emotion and it conveys a sense of promise and adventure that really struck a chord with me. Real tears were on their way, until I remembered humans are overall a shit race and the worst thing to ever happen to this planet. 

Anyway, please listen to this. It's really good. Hopefully there's more on the way. 


1 comment:

  1. The first minute charges you up for what's about to come, and I really dig that pacing. Somehow, the vibe I get makes me enjoy my late night cigarette.

    Sadhak sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete