November 28, 2012

Farsot - Insects (2012)


It's November again, which can only mean one thing - I'm freaking out because 2012 is almost over, list-mania is upon us and I realize once again that I have managed to listen to a fraction of all the awesome music released this year. Which is why my write-ups might become shorter for the next month or so, because I will be too busy listening to a lot of shit I've never heard before. 

Speaking of which, we were thinking of doing some more podcasts, since they're fun and we love hearing ourselves talk. Thing is, they are also very time-consuming and we'd rather record new episodes only if there's positive feedback about them. And by that I mean if there's anyone who actually listens to our drunken ramblings. So please let us know in the poll at the top of the page if a new episode of the TZEEEAC Podcast is something you'd be interested in. Thanks!

As for today's post, it's 1 AM and it's the third night in a row when I can't sleep, so I might as well listen to some music from 2012, right? I have chosen Insects by German black metallers Farsot for my nocturnal listening, and it's pretty damn good. Over the course of some long-ass songs, these guys foretell a future in which mankind has finally given in to its destructive instincts and blew the planet apart with their nuclear weapons and reality shows, leaving whatever is left of it to be ruled by insects, the sole survivors of the apocalypse. I don't know what the cover art has to do with all of this, but okay. I guess the music falls in the atmospheric black metal category, given its hypnotic, repetitive riffs and discreet, subdued drumming. I'm not really sure what compels me to listen to it, as it seems pretty standard fare. Must be the tight execution and the no-frills attitude of the band members, who seem perfectly content with keeping it pretty down-low and not making too much of a racket. 

This must be the kind of black metal librarians listen to. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article. I use this Article to show my assignment in college. it is useful For me Great Work.
    pest control san antonio

    ReplyDelete